MARTK’D is a platform and creative agency that uses “Art” as a community engagement tool to connect, empower and provide accessible programs for communities to showcase their creative and artistic talents. MARTK’D’s mission is to celebrate and help overlooked and underserved talent by curating educational, art, and cultural programming that provides access to career opportunities
In 2013, Dion Walcott the founder of MARTK’D create the platform as an event series that brought artists together to socialize with the goal of building a creative community. Within six months of launching MARTK’D, Dion quickly realized that there was a major need to create outlets for artists to showcase their talents publicly. With the spirit of providing access to education for creative communities, Dion approached OCAD Unversity to host an “Art on Sneakers” competition as a recruitment and community engagement program, which turned into major partnership relationships from other top-tier universities, school boards and brands.
Since MARTK’D inception in 2013, the brand has created programs and partnerships internationally with the mission of providing access and awareness to artists to showcase their talent. What started as a passion for sneakers has grown to become a community for artists from all walks of life to get exposure, build networks and access careers opportunities.
- Celebrate Artist Showcases
- The MARTK’D team creates moments to showcase overlooked talents and provide access to education and career opportunities to underserved communities.
- LEAVE YOUR MARTK’D
- The MARTK’D team works with clients and partners to develop impact programs for various communities and individuals. The programs include events, experiential education opportunities, and customized experiences
- Workforce Training Programs
- Educational Experiences
- Program Curation Services
- Creative + Talent Services